Friday, October 17, 2008

A Lot About Logan... and a Little About Me!!!

Well, a lot as happened with the little guy that I need to catch you up on! First of all, on Wednesday, October 8th, Logan cut his 8th tooth! It came in on the bottom right hand side of the 2 middle teeth. He sure does have a mouthful now!

Last Friday, October 10th, Logan was sick. He was having diarrhea & was broke out with the yeast infection again. Poor thing! I took him to the doctor's office and I got a prescription for the infection. By that evening, he had continued to have diarrhea until he had had it over 15 times that day! I was terrified that he might become dehydrated and called the hospital. The after hours PedLine Nurse called me and asked a few questions and recommended that we take him to the ER 'just to be on the safe side'. They tested his poop and got a blood sample. Turns out he was fine. They gave him some medicine to help settle his tummy and said that the diarrhea should probably ease up on it's own in a few days, but the infection wouldn't clear up until the diarrhea does. He struggled with it the whole weekend and most of Monday. On Monday, his bottom wasn't any better either, so I called the doctor and they called him in a "custom butt paste" that has helped him better than the 1st prescription. He's feeling much better now! YAY!

On Saturday, I took him to Portrait Innovations in Huntsville and had his 1 year picture made. He did so good despite what a rough weekend he had! Check him out!


He looks a lot like me at that age in this picture!


I think he looks just like Paul in this one!


What a sweet little smile!


I just love this one! The background with his outfit made the perfect match!

On Wednesday, October 15th, I asked my Dad (aka Papa) if he would come by right after work and watch Logan so I could met up with my running buddy, Allison, and a few others to go run. I was only gone for an hour and a half (we did 6.25 miles) and when I came back, Logan had started walking on his own! I couldn't believe it! He was doing really great too! He was balancing himself and walking 5 and 6 steps at a time! I can't believe I missed it! He still is crawling and walking on his knees too, but he is way more mobile now!

Tomorrow is Logan's 1st birthday! Everyone told me to cherish every moment because it would go by too fast. It is so true! This has literally been the fastest year of my life! And the most blessed! I really love being a mother! I am so thankful to God everyday for the blessing that Logan has been to my life! I know now what people mean when they say that "Children will teach you more than you will ever teach them"... I have learn so much about myself, Paul, my family, my values, God, and love than I could ever put into words. As I reflect back over the past year I am in awe. I also look forward to the future with great anticipation and excitement for the journey that God has laid before me! But most of all, this last year has taught me--more than any other time in my life, to enjoy the present. So here I am... basking in the glow of the now. I am so thankful and so grateful!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this blog post! I'm so sad I'm missing Logan's 1st birthday. I mailed the package with his & mom's birthday gifts yesterday. So, I guess it'll get there in a few weeks! :( Please give him a big hug & kiss for me. I love you! And I miss you so much!