This week has really been filled with a lot of highs and lows! To start off, I was really doing well with my training. This summer I've starting learning to run. For me (never being really an athletic person) this is really a big deal! Honestly, I never thought I'd enjoy running, but ever since I gave birth to Logan, I feel like I can do anything I put my mind to. There are several 5K Runs coming up and I plan on entering in as many as possible! I really think that I have found a sport that I can enjoy for the long haul and I'm getting better at it too!
Well, as I said before I was doing really well with my training this week, but on Wednesday Logan woke up with a low grade temp so I stayed home with him. To make a long story short, by mid afternoon Logan's temp was up to 103.8! I got him in to see his doctor. He had bronchitis and had to have an antibiotic shot. He was also given a prescription for cough/congestion and an antibiotic. Bless his heart! He did so well! I was really proud of him. Anytime Logan is feeling bad, the only thing that will do him, is for me to hold him constantly. After all day of holding my little man (I do need to mention that he is up to 21 lbs. & 14 oz.!), I'm pretty spent (too tired to go running on those days!). I stayed home with him on Wednesday & Thursday. And (as if he wasn't having a hard enough week already) Logan got a yeast infection from being on all those antibiotics!!! His little bottom was so red and tender that he would just scream and try to climb the walls when his diaper was changed. We got him some cream to put on it and it is getting better but it will probably be several more days before he is back 100%.
One good thing that happened this week was I was asked to go to a Conference for my work in... LAS VEGAS!!!! I'm so excited! I'm going with another lady from work and we leave out not this coming week but the next week! I've never been to Vegas before so it will be really interesting to check out all the lights and landmarks that are shown on TV. With that said, it does leave me thinking about all of those crime scenes that are in Las Vegas on CSI... lol! I watch too much TV! I'm not a gambler, as a matter of fact, I'm entirely too cheap (and I like to think too smart) to gamble. I know that the odds are astronomically stacked against the player and I am NOT a fan of throwing away my hard earned money. But who knows, I might just run into a celebrity! I look forward to traveling and seeing new places and things I've only heard about. I'll be sure to blog about it when I get back!
New York State Of Mind...
15 years ago
2 comments:
:( I'm so sad poor little Logan has been so sick!! I guess maybe he's building his immunities up? Give him an extra hug & kiss for me ok.
Wow, Vegas!!! That is so cool! I can't wait to hear about your trip & see all the pix! You'll have a blast! :)
Thanks for writing another blog! I look forward to your next one. Love you! :)
I SO know how you feel. When they're sick & you have to hold them so much it can be extremely exhausting! I'm sorry I'm just now reading this. I haven't seen your blog since your first one. I logged on today to see your Vegas pics. Glad you had a great & refreshing trip. All moms need to get away sometimes! Glad you're back safe & sound w/no CSI crimescenes w/your name on them! & : )
Post a Comment